Here are five European countries that are great to visit in spring:
- Italy: With its warm weather, stunning landscapes, and world-famous art and architecture, Italy is a must-visit destination in spring. Highlights include the rolling hills of Tuscany, the canals of Venice, Renaissance architecture and art of Florence and the ancient ruins of Rome.
- France: In spring, France comes to life with blooming flowers, mild weather, and outdoor cafes and markets. You can explore the iconic cities of Paris and Marseille, gardens of the Palace of Versailles and the Luxembourg Garden or head to the countryside for a relaxing holiday.
- Spain: Spain is another great destination for a spring holiday with warm weather and plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Visit Barcelona for its architecture and beaches, or head to Madrid for its art and culture. Andalusia in the south is also a popular destination, with its beautiful white-washed villages, rolling hills, and stunning coastline.
- Germany: Visit the famous English Gardens in Munich and picturesque places in Hamburg. Explore historic sites, lively beer gardens or take a stroll along the Rhine River in the city of Bonn.
- United Kingdom - (not European but we wanted to sneak it in) England, Scotland, and Wales are all beautiful destinations in spring. Explore the the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, visit the stunning countryside of the Lake District in England and the extraordinary Snowdonia in Wales, the Dark Hedges of Country Antrim, Northern Ireland, enjoy the quaint towns of the Cotswolds and journey to some of the many islands of western Scotland - Muck, Arran, Mull and Skye. You can even meet a woolly Scottish coo (cow) or two! (pictured)